Liposuction has become one of the world’s most sought after aesthetic procedures due to the fact that it permanently removes fat deposits and cellulite under the skin, and can reduce the appearance of sagging skin. Not only that, but it is also a relatively safe way to accomplish these things. Many people see liposuction as a great way to enhance the look of their bodies. This procedure can also be used to complement others, such as facial plastic surgery, breast implants, and tummy tucks.
- Some of the biggest benefits of liposuction are:
- Reduction of fat in a safe manner;
- The health benefits that come with fat loss;
- Liposuction also improves self-image;
- Changes how the world sees you;
- Contour and shape areas that aren’t impacted by diet and exercise.
Liposuction can make you healthier
According to researches conducted in the United States, doing abdominal liposuction can be good for your health because it is lowering cholesterol, triglycerides, and potentially helping your insulin metabolism. Reducing cholesterol will reduce your risk factors for diabetes, heart disease, and heart attack. The procedure is considered beneficial as it decreases some hormones that stimulate the body to produce more fat. When fat is removed you may have some side benefits that may be addressing these figure faults – you are less likely to do binge diets, yo-yo diets. Probably, if you are really self-conscious that is going to inspire you to exercise and make those lifestyle changes. However, liposuction is not going to have a long term health benefit if you are not changing your lifestyle.
Another benefit of liposuction that many people have noticed is mobility which is very important for back pain. People who have had belly hanging over and in front of them, have noticed significant stress on the lower back.
Liposuction has long-lasting results
This operation offers immediate improvements to the appearance, and the areas where it is performed remain completely transformed. The expected or desired results can actually be visible only a few days after the procedure. Liposuction is relatively easy surgery. It has been proven to be safe and passes without serious complications, and it is performed much faster than other invasive operations. Another big plus of liposuction is that fat is permanently removed from the body. If you manage to live healthily, the beautiful shape can be maintained for a long time.
The fat does not come back after lipo
When you do remove a fat cell from a certain location, that removal of the fat cells is permanent. The fat cells in the body basically store energy that we don’t use, and they either get larger or smaller depending upon the amount of excess energy that we’re storing as fat. When you remove that cell and the fat that’s contained with it, that cell’s gone, it doesn’t come back. It doesn’t shift to other areas of the body. What happens after you’ve gained weight is a common question. Of course, if you gain weight, then weight can come back in a number of areas. But assuming your body weight is stable, once the fat cell is removed, that’s permanent fat removal. That’s what makes such plastic surgeries as liposuction a very effective procedure.
Liposuction boosts your self-esteem
The protruding belly may seriously impact your self-esteem. Luckily enough it can be successfully corrected. Most people know that liposuction is a surgical procedure that makes you feel good and more confident. And these are just a small part of all benefits of liposuction. Yes, removing the body fat gives you the cosmetic benefit but more importantly, is not only to look better but to feel better about yourself. That’s important because your confidence and your ability to accomplish things are altered. Having this cosmetic procedure, you feel better about yourself and you have the confidence to do things that you may not have done before.
Facts and myths about liposuction
- Fact: Liposuction can improve your confidence and mental health. Of course! After the procedure, the body can be changed dramatically. And we know, a nice body contour leads to greater confidence. You will start wearing the clothes you have always wanted and you will do more things that you used to avoid because of worries about your appearance.
- Myth: Liposuction is a procedure only for women. Truly a myth. More and more men are relying on liposuction to get rid of fat. For the last few years, there has been a huge increase in the number of men who are doing liposuction. It is the third most popular plastic surgery for men. The most common areas they choose are the abdomen and chest.
- Fact: The results of liposuction are long-lasting. This is completely true. The procedure sculpts a new silhouette. However, even though fat cells have been removed forever, it does not mean you shouldn’t have a proper diet and physical activity.
- Myth: People can replace exercises with liposuction. No. To achieve the best results, you can use liposuction as a “supplement” to your diet and exercises, but not replace them with it.
- Fact: Liposuction is one of the most commonly practiced plastic surgeries. Absolutely true. It can be applied on almost any part of the body – thighs, legs, back, abdomen, chest, arms, neck, etc. This is exactly what makes liposuction so desirable.
- Myth: Cellulite can be removed with liposuction. With the procedure, you can significantly improve the vision of your thighs and hips because it sculpts the body perfectly. But it does not cure cellulite. There are many methods that promise to erase unpleasant holes – massages, creams, medications, even a laser. But so far no one has had a long-lasting result and fully deal with the problem.
- Fact: Liposuction is not a method for fast weight loss in overweight people. Liposuction is not a procedure for weight loss, it is for contouring the body. It is applied with the best results in people who maintain a healthy weight to form an elegant silhouette.
There is curious research that says stem cells that are extracted from the fat tissue after liposuction could be used to create blood vessels. This could, in turn, be used to replace faulty arteries in the heart and thus save the lives of millions of people with heart disease who need small blood vessels.
Liposuction has enjoyed several advances in technology over the years and is currently as safe as it has ever been. However, it is still an invasive procedure. Make sure you have a consultation with your plastic surgeon to review the risks and benefits of a procedure before making any decisions. The surgery may take place at your doctor’s office or a surgery centre. If you are considering this procedure, you can learn more about the risks in the liposuction risks section.